My my My my


Frequently Asked Questions:


How do I register for Park and Recreation programs?

          Registration and waiver release forms are available on the website. Completed forms may be returned to the Park and Rec office by putting them in the white dropbox to the right of the front doors outside town hall, or mailing to Kent Park and Recreation, P.O. Box 678, Kent, CT 06757.

To whom do I make my check payable?
          Checks should be made payable to the Town of Kent.
Can I pay by credit card?
          The Town of Kent currently does not accept credit card payments.
Does Kent Park and Recreation have a refund policy?
          Kent Park and Recreation will refund the registration fee for participants who cancel their registration before a program starts. Refunds will not be issued once a program begins.
Can I register my child for a Kent Park and Recreation program if I don’t live in Kent?
Kent Park and Rec does not accept non-residents for its soccer, basketball and baseball/softball programs. However, Park and Rec summer camp programs and park pass programs are open to non-residents.
What day will my child’s team practice?
Practice days and times are established by the coach and the Park and Rec director while game schedules for most travel sports are created by a regional board that oversees that particular sport. Park and Rec will try to announce practice times in the registration flyers wherever possible.
How many weeks can I register my child for Camp Kent?
Camp Kent is an eight-week summer day camp program. Youngsters may attend one or more weeks where availability exists.
When can I register for Camp Kent?      
Registration for Camp Kent opens on the third Wednesday in May from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Park and Rec office, Kent Town Hall. This is an in-person registration and is accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is accepted after that date in the office during business hours as well as via the telephone.
What is the registration preference for Camp Kent?
Registration preference is given first to families who resident in Kent, then families who work in Kent and then to non-residents as space permits.
When can I register my child for the After-School Program?
Registration is accepted for the After-School Program throughout the school year. Program handbook: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/5899/75013.pdf
Youngsters must be registered in order to participate in the program.
When/where can I buy a park pass?
Park passes are valid June 1 through May 31. They can be purchased in the Park and Rec office, town hall, during business hours, seasonally at Emery Park from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from the lifeguards and during holiday ice skating hours from the ice monitor.
Why do I need a park pass?
A park pass is necessary to swim and register for swim lessons at Emery Park; to use the tennis courts at Kent Common Park and to participate in holiday ice skating at Kent School and winter skating at South Kent School.
How do I reserve the pavilion at Kent Common Park?
The pavilion at Kent Common Park is available for use by Kent residents. Reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis by contacting the Park and Rec office, 860-927-1003 or email parkandrec@townofkentct.org to schedule the date and obtain the necessary permit form and information sheet. Picnic tables and a grill are available under the pavilion.
I would like to get married at Kent Falls. What do I need to do?
          Kent Falls is a state park. Information about the facility is available from the State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection; the customer service number listed is 866-287-2757.
How do I reserve a camp site at Macedonia Brook and Lake Waramaug State Parks?
          Macedonia Brook and Lake Waramaug are state parks. Information about these parks is available from the State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection; the customer service number listed is 866-287-2757. Information for Macedonia may be available also at 860-927-3238; camping information at 860-927-4100. Information for Lake Waramaug may be available at 860-868-2592; camping information at 860-868-0220. The Department of Environmental Protection 24-hour camping information line is 860-424-3015.

 I will be hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Where can I park my car overnight or long-term?
                Parking, overnight and/or long-term, is permitted in the Town Hall parking lot, 41 Kent Green Boulevard. Drivers must register with the First Selectman's Office, second floor, or call 860-927-4627, before leaving vehicles.        
Are there fireworks in Kent on July 4th?
          Kent does not have a fireworks display on the Fourth of July holiday.
Does the town have any hiking trails?
          Kent Park and Recreation has hiking trails at Emery Park, 42 Segar Mountain Road (Route 341W). The trail system is about one-mile through some steep terrain and affords a view from the top of the village center. Information about other trails in Kent is listed under the Parks/Facilities tab.
Where is the Kent Park and Recreation office located?
          The Park and Recreation office is located in Kent Town Hall, 41 Kent Green Boulevard (next to the post office) on the second floor.
How do I contact Kent Park and Recreation?
           The Kent Park and Recreation office phone number is 860-927-1003; the fax number is 860-927-1313; email address is